About the following problematic in terms of data protection features of Google Chrome Iron waived:
- Timestamp: Chrome remembers up to the second when the software was installed.
- Suggest: Depending on the configuration, every time you put something into the address bar, transmits this information to Google in order to display search suggestions.
- Alternate Error Pages: Depending on your configuration is sent an incorrectly typed address on Google and see an error message from Google’s servers.
- Error Reporting: Depending on the configuration are transmitted to the Google server crashes or failures information about it.
- RLZ tracking: This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded.
- Updater: Chrome installs a updater, which loads at every Windows startup in the background.
- URL Tracker: Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage in the background.
In Iron is Google’s browser without Google. Users, who value data protection obtained with Iron SRWare an alternative to the original, which received a lot of user data to the company headquarters.Customised practical is the portable version that can be run without installation from a USB stick.