SeaMonkey is an Internet software package from the Mozilla family, the modules for browser (Firefox), Mail & Newsgroups (Thunderbird), includes creating web pages, chat and much more and can be used for almost all computer systems. Based on the same platform as the latest version of Firefox, this version provides the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5.
The Internet software package is available in 24 languages (including German), as well as for Windows, Mac OS X andavailable.
The most prominent new features in version Seamonkey 2.39 are:
- Windows 7 Jump List shows more entries (MailNews, address and Composer)
- Download window displays the file size
- Thread view displays statuses for mail (answer Redirected)
- Extensive preferences regarding Anischt / Zoom which are accessible via a hidden option (toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues)
In addition, the following improvements have been made:
- Users have more control over their add-ons. When updating the activation of add-ons that come from third party products must be explicitly confirmed.
- Improvements to HTML5 media elements and support for new media APIs to improve the overall design of video and audio.
- Additional HTML5 technologies are supported, such as the cross-origin attribute and insertAdjacentHTMLZ.
- Update of WebSockets.
- Support for CORS for WebGL textures.
- Hyphenation is now supported for additional languages.
- Some stability issues.
- Some security issues have been fixed.
- Some highly visible problems in the use were corrected in SeaMonkey 2.4
Compared to version 2.25 includes version 2.26 include the following new features and changes:
- The Gamepad API has now been completed and activated final.
- The ECMAScript Internationalization API is enabled.
- Shared worker is now enabled by default
- CSS3 tags have now been implemented.
- Various stability issues have been fixed
What’s new in version 2.30:
- OMTC (Off Main thread compositing) is now enabled by default on Windows.
- OpenH264 support in the sandbox has been added.
- A new CSP backend (content security policy) was implemented.
- Support for connecting to HTTP proxy via HTTPS was implemented.
- More reliable session restore
- WebCrypto support has been improved: RSA OAEP-, PBKDF2- and AES KW support were added, and UnwrapKey WrapKey were implemented and the import / export of JWK-formatted keys activated
- Several stability issues
The current Version 2.31 now integrates the H.264 codec (MP4) in Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) by means of native APIs. Likewise 2 (Draft 14) and ALPN were now HTTP / implemented. Further containingsoftware package now the developer version of Firefox 34th
Among other things, new in Version 2:32:
- The dialog for spell check can be resized now.
- Generational garbage collection is enabled.
- Resource use for scaled images was reduced.
Examples of bug fixes in version 2.32.1:
- Mail news feeds will now update again.
- Program remembers again the selected profile manager profile.
Bug fixes in Version 2:33:
- Security alerts include now also tracking controls.
- The settings on the Tracking respectively privacy were now updated.
Changes in version 2.33.1:
- Strips for security alerts now include tracking controls
- The adjustment bar for privacy and tracking has been updated.
All changes and new features can also visit the Seamonkey project site can be viewed.