PortableApps.com Platform 14.0 allows you to manage all your portable software in one place. It is packed with tons of features such as automatic closing of the apps, always ready search, proxy support, tray app menu, fast updater, and eject or power off. The automatic app closing feature allows you to close apps safely prior to ejecting.
The default theme blends well with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. It also support classic themes. The cascading tray app menu appear when you right click on the icon in the system tray. You can conveniently access all your apps from the cascading tray app menu. The Always Ready Search is a search box that you can enter your app name and launch it.
There is an option that allows you to search based on the keywords in the descriptions. You can use an internet proxy to launch the portable apps. The fast updater can check new updates for all the apps and quickly install the updates. The full featured installer can be used for installing portable apps to your portable devices.
It supports portable fonts for the portable apps. The portable apps can be categorized by categories and alphabetical list. The eject button will bring up the Windows prompt where you can choose from options such as eject, shut down, restart and log off.
- The 64 bit mode is now available in the backup and restore feature
- Added a new method for quitting the system tray apps
- More system tray apps are supported in this version
- You can enable full page scrolling by clicking in the empty area
- Fixes ejection bug issues on Windows XP computers
- Features autorun.inf notifications
- Five more languages are now supported in the version
- Fixes an access violation bug issue
- Apps on the system tray can now be quit automatically
Download link: http://portableapps.com/news/2016-04-15–portableapps.com-platform-14.0-released