The Java Runtime Environment or Java Virtual Machine is a runtime environment that is required for the program flow of Java applications. It supports online games, chat programs, 3D photo applications and more. In addition, Java can be with intranet applications and other e-business solutions, which represent the basis of a corporate network, used.
Java allows you to:
- Writing software on one platform and their execution on almost any other platform
- Creating programs that run in a Web browser and Web services
- Developing server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing and many more
- Combining applications or services to create highly flexible applications or services
- Writing powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost products and customers for almost any device with a digital heartbeat ‘
Note on Java SE 8: Oracle had to by some for Java SE 8 planned functions adopt, as from the so-called Project Jigsaw. This will now be included only in Java SE. 9 It is intended to enable developers to create programs in the form of modules and distribute. Another feature that the packing of different versions of Java would have facilitated, it has also not managed in the version now published.