The Foxit PDF Reader is a compact PDF viewer and is an alternative toAcrobat Reader. When starting the Foxit PDF Reader is striking that he quickly opens large PDFs as the default viewer from Adobe. The user interface is similar, and there is no need big changes.
The toolbar includes common features such as the ability to print PDF documents directly, you can send an e-mail attachment or enlarge the text to shrink, or rotate. In addition allows the reader Foxit to provide texts per comment function with explanations or comments. An integrated converter allows you to convert selected passages in a simple text files. Another handy feature is a kind of screen capture tool that deposited a selected text portion in the clipboard and by inserting in a graphics program saves an image file.
Since it has come in the past repeatedly problems with the language, the developer has now published special installation files for each supported language. A German user interface is now available by default if the setup with the FoxitReader604.0719_L10N_Setup.exe file is performed. However, located in the German-language version of Setup a Spanish license terms.
New features in Foxit Reader 7.0:
- Joint review for desktop and mobile users
- Display of 2D barcodes
- Optimized PCL Print
- Freeform notes with PSI (Pressure Sensitive Ink, pressure-sensitive ink)
- Bidirectional language support
- Signature verification in XFA forms
- Adjustment of the ribbon to the user’s needs
- Increased safety from the RMS plug-in (Enterprise)
- Creation of PDF files using RMS encryption (Enterprise)
Improvements in Foxit Reader 7.0:
- Copy text while retaining formatting
- Support for SharePoint-network drives
- Improvements in GPO (Enterprise)
In Foxit Reader 7.0 Problems Fixed:
Correction following critical error on the
1) Users can not exit full-screen mode.
2) users can not view the context menu by tapping and holding.
3) Users can move the annotation objects neither up nor down.
It was also resolved an issue where an error is returned when users have sent a file containing CJK characters in the file name via e-mail and the Windows locale was set to “English”.
A version history can be found on the website of the developer.
The Foxit PDF Reader is a free, lightweight and fast software to open PDF files. Those looking for a less memory intensive alternative to Adobe Reader, is well advised with this program.