The main change in the interface – an alternative version of the display settings on the left side of the screen. The choice between the option or standard window in the settings is carried out about: config → browser.preferences.inContent.
Autocomplete = off no longer supported
With this guide the team’s website browser not to use auto-complete fields. The idea is that this function is conceived for security, but in reality, it hinders the work of password managers. Now, concern about the security of passwords is fully passed on to users.
Added support for extensions Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) API
This much has been said earlier. Introduce DRM had to because of the great popularity of video services too like Netflix. People just give up Firefox, if you will not be able to watch a favorite video.
But for purists, and made a separate build Firefox without DRM.
Eventually, the function can be disabled manually.
Among other improvements in Firefox – the acceleration of loading pages due to their preloading (functionnetwork.predictor.enabled settings), 13 closed vulnerabilities.
Changes for developers and geeks
- WebSocket for Web Workers
- Implementation BroadcastChannel API to pass information between different contexts in the browser tabs and windows(more)
- The new function Copy Console to copy to the clipboard
- Web Console illuminates the network requests that are being made as the XMLHTTPRequests
- In a networked console displays security warnings
- In playback mode, the animation, you can put it on pause and continue
- RC4 cipher is disabled in the TLS, except the site from the white list
- Eliminated mozIndexedDB
- WebRTC now supports Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS)
- For the responsive images realized attribute srcset element <picture>
For other changes, see. Here.