Perspectives for Firefox 4.3 is an addon that can help you to avoid man in the middle attacks by checking if a certificate is valid. It will compare the certificate of the website you are visiting with the information in the notary data. It will send out an alert in the event that there are differences in the information on the certificate. Perspective operates several network notary servers that are used in monitoring the SSL certificates of more than 100,000 websites.
With Perspective, you can be rest assured that the website you are connecting is safe to visit. Perspectives uses the SSH to connect to the network notary server to see if the connection is using the same key. Perspectives can protect you from DNS cache poisoning. Websites using fake SSL certificates will often try to redirect you to another faulty site.
You can make adjustment to the sites filter level in percentage form in the preferences. You can add sites that you feel are reliable. There are also options for you to remove sites you believe are trustworthy in the site list in preferences. Perspective runs fast and does not use a lot of CPU power. It is compatible with Mozilla Firefox browser version 3.0 and beyond. It is important that you restart Firefox after installing the Perspective addon.
- The Perspectives status bar icon has been eliminated. Perspectives icons will only appear when you press Alt + Tab keys on keyboard to switch windows.
- The Notary Results shows how many days the notary key has been in use
- Pressing the Escape key will quit the Perspectives dialogs
- The notary key text boxes’ sizes are now larger to allow easier reading
- Popups that contain alerts will now states it is from Perspectives
- Fixes a number of bugs
- Increased error checking for the Preferences dialog
Download link: https://perspectives-project.org/2012/04/03/perspectives-firefox-4-3-released/