The Java Runtime Environment or Java Virtual Machine is a runtime environment that for the execution of Java is required applications. It supports online games, chat programs, 3D photo applications and more. In addition, Java can be with intranet applications and other e-business solutions, which are the basis of a corporate network, used.
Java allows you to:
- Writing software on a platform and their execution on almost any other platform
- The creation of programs that run in a Web browser and Web services
- Developing server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing and many more
- Combining applications or services to create highly flexible applications or services
- Writing powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost customer products and for almost any device with a digital ‘Heartbeat’
Note on Java SE 8 : Oracle had to by some for Java SE 8 planned functions adopt, as from the so-called Project Jigsaw. This will now be included only in Java SE. 9 It is intended to enable developers to create programs in the form of modules and distribute. Another feature that the packing of different Java versions would have facilitated, it has also not managed in the version now published.
Oracle provides two versions of the fix: The CPU type (Critical Path Update) always carries the lower version number , It’s loud Oracle suitable for most users and contains all security patches. Moreover, the PSU variant offers (Patch Set Update) additional bug fixes. It should only be installed if one of a in the Release Notes is affected Fault described.
The currently installed version can be on the Oracle website https://www.java.com/verify/ check.
Note Windows: For 32-bit browser on Windows 32-bit version of Java is suitable. 64-bit browsers require the 64-bit version of Java. The Resource Monitor or the Process Explorer can find out which version is used.